OKI Hazmat Conference 2013
The Hamilton County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) is authorized by Ohio Revised Code to coordinate and administer countywide all-hazards emergency management and disaster preparedness functions for Hamilton County and its forty-nine political subdivisions.
Emergency management is both a system and a process working through four phases:
Where disaster preparedness and public safety related emergency management activities are coordinated to serve and protect the public. Hamilton County EMA is concerned with all natural and manmade hazards including international and domestic acts of terrorism and homeland security functions.
The Hamilton County EMA delivers programs and performs function involving:
- all hazards emergency operations planning
- response and grant administration
- hazard mitigation planning
- homeland security planning
- disaster recovery
- local emergency planning committee and hazardous materials
- public notification and warning systems
- public information and education campaigns, and
- emergency management and homeland security training and exercise coordination