Alert Hamilton County and Smart911
Hamilton County EMHSA encourages residents to have multiple ways of receiving alerts and warnings. Alert Hamilton County (Alert HC) is a mass notification system used to notify residents about emergencies and other important information throughout Hamilton County. When registering for Alert HC, users can also create a Smart911 profile, allowing first responders to have quicker access to important information in case of an emergency.
What Kind of Alerts Can You Receive?
- National Weather Service Watches and Warnings for Hamilton County
- Phone Call Alerts Available for: Civil Danger Warnings, Civil Emergency Messages, Evacuation Immediate Alerts, Flash Flood Warnings, Flood Warnings, Shelter in Place Warnings, and Tornado Warnings
- Critical Safety & Emergency Information
- Non-Emergency Messages from your Community
How Can You Get These Alerts?
- Text Messages
- Voice Call (Available for the following alerts: Flood Warning, Tornado Warning, Evacuation, Civil Danger Warning, Civil Emergency Message, Flash Flood Warning, Shelter In Place Warning)
What is Smart911?
Smart911 is a tool that will allow you to share critical information with 9-1-1 call takers and first responders during an emergency. By creating a profile, you can provide first responders with key information about members of your household (names, physical descriptions, photos, pet information), as well as medical information that is crucial during an emergency.
What Information Should I Include in My Profile?
- People – Names, physical descriptions, and photos will help responders act quickly if a child goes missing, or help identify individuals in an emergency.
- Phones – Add all phone numbers (especially cell phones) so that 9-1-1 will have a better idea where you are when you need help.
- Animals – Include information about your pets and service animals that responders need to be aware of.
- Medical Information – Existing conditions, allergies, disabilities and equipment, medications being taken by all members of your household.
- Address and Location Information – Property details, photographs of your residence, utility shutoff locations, access points to the residence, floor layout and bedroom locations.
- Vehicle Information – Include a description of your vehicle, as well as the license plate number.
- Emergency Contact Information – Include the information of family members, friends, or neighbors in the event of an emergency.
- Communication Preferences – If an individual is deaf or hard of hearing, or English is not the primary language, dispatchers will immediately know that an alternate form of communication is needed.
How Do I Sign Up?
By registering for Alert Hamilton County, you can also sign up for Smart911! Click the graphic below to register!