Current Disaster/Emergency Information
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for Hamilton County through Saturday, June 20.
Keep cool by following these heat safety tips:
1. Stay aware of dangerous weather & emergency alerts. Sign up for Alert Hamilton County & Smart911 at www.alerthc.org.
2. Limit outdoor activity. Stay in air conditioned areas. Take frequent breaks if working outdoors. Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing & don’t forget the sunscreen.
3. Drink plenty of water, even if you don’t feel thirsty!
4. Young children, older adults, and pets are most at risk during extreme heat. NEVER leave pets, children, or elderly persons unattended in a vehicle.
5. Be sure your pets have a place to escape the heat & plenty of water while outdoors.
Need a place to keep cool? Visit a shopping center, museum, community center, or any branch of the Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library. To find your nearest branch & hours of operation, please visit: https://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/info/hours.asp
Do you know the signs of heat-related illnesses? Click HERE to learn how you can know the signs & take action!
Last Updated: 7/18/2019