Alert Hamilton County and Smart911
Hamilton County EMHSA encourages residents to have multiple ways of receiving alerts and warnings. Alert Hamilton County (Alert HC) is a mass notification system used to notify residents about emergencies and other important information throughout Hamilton County. When registering for Alert HC, users can also create a Smart911 profile, allowing first responders to have quicker access to important information in case of an emergency.
ALERT HC—MASS NOTIFICATION AND WARNING SYSTEM
Designed to notify residents, visitors, and those who work in Hamilton County of emergency situations and other important information. Users are able to choose from 42 different alerts they wish to be notified about to keep themselves and their families safe. This system is completely customizable and allows users to edit choose which alerts they want to receive and how they want to receive them. Alert Hamilton County (Alert HC) can notify users via text message, and email, with phone call notification available for the following alerts: Civil Emergency Message, Civil Danger Warning, Evacuation Immediate, Shelter In Place, Tornado Warning, Flash Flood Warning, and Flood Warning.
What Kind of Alerts Can You Receive with Alert HC?
- National Weather Service Watches and Warnings for Hamilton County
- Phone Call Alerts Available for: Civil Danger Warnings, Civil Emergency Messages, Evacuation Immediate Alerts, Flash Flood Warnings, Flood Warnings, Shelter in Place Warnings, Tornado Warnings, and Municipal Alerts
- Critical Safety & Emergency Information
- Municipal Messages from your Community
How Can You Get These Alerts?
- Text Messages
- Voice Call (Available for the following alerts: Flood Warning, Tornado Warning, Evacuation, Civil Danger Warning, Civil Emergency Message, Flash Flood Warning, Shelter In Place Warning)
Alert Hamilton County is paired with a system called “Smart911,” which enables your important information to be shared with first responders during an emergency! With Smart911, both 9-1-1 call takers and first responders can know exactly what you want them to know during any kind of emergency. You can add vital information, such as: information about members of your household, medical details, disabilities and equipment, address and property details, as well as emergency contact information and communication preferences.
What Information Should I Include in My Profile?
- People – Names, physical descriptions, and photos will help responders act quickly if a child goes missing, or help identify individuals in an emergency.
- Phones – Add all phone numbers (especially cell phones) so that 9-1-1 will have a better idea where you are when you need help.
- Animals – Include information about your pets and service animals that responders need to be aware of.
- Medical Information – Existing conditions, allergies, disabilities and equipment, medications being taken by all members of your household.
- Address and Location Information – Property details, photographs of your residence, utility shutoff locations, access points to the residence, floor layout and bedroom locations.
- Vehicle Information – Include a description of your vehicle, as well as the license plate number.
- Emergency Contact Information – Include the information of family members, friends, or neighbors in the event of an emergency.
- Communication Preferences – If an individual is deaf or hard of hearing, or English is not the primary language, dispatchers will immediately know that an alternate form of communication is needed.
How Do I Sign Up?
By registering for Alert Hamilton County, you can also sign up for Smart911! Click the Smart911 graphic below to register!
Download the App!
Preparedness is now one download away! Smart911 has now launched a new mobile app that allows users to provide key household information to 9-1-1 in order to get help faster during an emergency. This app grants users the ability to receive targeted community and weather alerts based on your current location. Using this app, you can view alerts in your area, making you aware of emergencies and weather alerts.
If you already have a Smart911 account, simply enter your username & password into the app and you will be able to manage your Safety Profile in the palm of your hand.
The Smart911 App is available on the App Store and Google Play. For even quicker download, text “SMART911” to 67283.
This notification system is only intended for those who live or work in Hamilton County. Signing up for Alert Hamilton County also authorizes your jurisdiction to send you messages regarding local emergencies and other municipal alerts. The following jurisdictions have partnered with Hamilton County in order to send local alerts to their respective residents: Anderson Township, Colerain Township, the City of Reading, Village of Glendale, Green Township, Harrison Township, and the City of Harrison.
Smart911 is only available in communities that subscribe to the Smart911 system. Although the Smart911 technology is a nationwide system, only those communications centers that have subscribed to the system will be able to receive your information when a registered phone number dials 9-1-1.