Hamilton County Moves to Alert Leve 4 (Purple) on the Ohio Public Health Alert System
On 1/14/2021 Hamilton County, along with two other Ohio counties transitioned to Alert Level 4 (purple) on the Ohio Public Health Alert System, this indicates severe exposure and spread of COVID-19 in the community.
Does Moving to Level 4 (Purple) Change Anything?
There are not currently any additional restrictions or changes to public health orders tied to this alert level, however it does mean that we as a community need to continue to increase our efforts towards reducing the spread of COVID-19 to change this upward trend.
What Can Individuals Do to Help Change this Trend?
We have the power to change this upward trend by keeping up the actions that we know can slow the spread of COVID-19:
– Frequently washing hands
– Wearing a facemask when out in public or around others
– Avoiding crowds, events, and gatherings with individuals outside of your own home.
– Getting tested for COVID-19 and staying home if sick
Where can I find More Information on How to Best Protect Myself, my Family and my Community?
– Hamilton County Public Health – COVID-19 Resources
– Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) – COVID-19