Healthy Dining Out Guidelines
As indoor dining is set to reopen on May 21st, it is important to remember that following healthy guidelines is key to continue moving forward together. Although dining is open, keep in mind, the best way to avoid catching COVID-19 is by minimizing your exposure to others. Check out these tips you and your family should follow if you choose to dine out.
Do your part.
Make sure you are following the usual steps to keep yourself safe when you eat:
- Use hand sanitizer before and after handling menus and before eating.
- Practice good hand-washing hygiene regularly by washing with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
If you are sick, part of a vulnerable population or otherwise uncomfortable eating out, you can:
- Stay home to avoid exposure to germs.
- Order takeout for delivery through apps like UberEats, DoorDash, etc.
- Ask a friend or family member to pick food up for you.
If you chose to dine out, follow these safety tips to enjoy your meal safely:
- While in public, keep a distance of at least six feet away from others.
- Wear a facial covering unless you are both seated AND eating or drinking.
- Remain in groups of ten people or fewer.
- Wash or sanitize hands often.
- If possible, wait outdoors or in your vehicle for your table to be ready.
- Do not get up to use the restroom while you are in the restaurant. Avoid public restrooms when possible.
- If conditions at a bar or restaurant are not safe, you can leave.