If You Feel Sick
Know what you will do if you feel sick. Having a plan now will help you feel ready and less panicked during this time.
- Stay at home except to get medical care.
- Separate yourself from other people in your home
- Choose a “Sick Room” to stay away from others in your home. Use a separate bathroom, if possible.
- Cover coughs & sneezes.
- Clean your hands often.
- Avoid sharing personal household items.
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces everyday.
- Monitor your symptoms.
Pay attention for potential COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you feel sick, follow these directions:
- Call your primary care doctor immediately (before seeking care) if you feel like you are developing these symptoms.
- If you do not have a primary care doctor, call your local urgent care.
- If you have a medical appointment, call the healthcare provider before arriving and tell them that you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19. This will help the healthcare provider’s office take steps to keep other people from getting infected or exposed.