What is novel coronavirus?
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a virus strain that has only spread in people since December 2019. Health experts are concerned because little is known about this new virus and it has the potential to cause severe illness and pneumonia in some people.
How can I protect myself?
If you are traveling overseas (to China but also to other places) follow the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Traveler’s Health guidance here.
Continue to practice healthy habits to prevent the spread of germs:
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
For more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit: https://www.hamiltoncountyhealth.org/announcements/corona-virus-information/.