Mask Requirement in Hamilton County
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has announced masks must be worn in public spaces in Hamilton County effective at 6 PM on July 8th, 2020. This order will remain in effect until Hamilton County is no longer in the “Red” category of the Public Health Advisory Alert System.
Masks must be worn in the following circumstances:
- Indoors, in spaces that are not residences.
- Outdoors, where maintaining 6 feet distance from others is challenging.
- While waiting for, driving, riding public transportation and ride share services.
This order does not apply to children under the age of 10, or anyone who cannot safely wear a mask.
Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others. Wearing a cloth face covering will help protect people around you, including those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and workers who frequently come into close contact with other people (e.g., in stores and restaurants). Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings. The spread of COVID-19 can be reduced when cloth face coverings are used along with other preventive measures, including social distancing, frequent handwashing, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
Face Covering Guidelines
- Use coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, and public parks.
- Maintain 6-feet social distancing whenever possible, even if you are wearing a face covering.
- DO NOT place cloth face coverings on children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Make cloth face coverings from household items or common materials. Use multiple layers of a fabric that does not damage or lose shape when laundered or machine dried.
- DO use coverings that fit snugly but comfortably and allow for breathing without restriction. Secure behind the head with ties or ear loops. Wear horizontally.
- DO NOT touch the mask while wearing it. If you do, wash your hands immediately.
- DO ensure that your nose, mouth, and chin are covered at all times.
- DO NOT allow the mask to slip under your nose and DO NOT untie straps/unhook ear loops to talk to others.
- DO wash your hands before putting on and immediately after removing.
- DO NOT touch your eyes, nose, or mouth when removing the face covering.
- DO launder coverings after each use.
- DO NOT wear when wet from laundering or from spit or mucus.